Making the Switch to Products with All-Natural, Organic Ingredients
Written by Julia Pelly, MPH Feb 27, 2023
Everything you ever wanted to know about ditching synthetic products for good.
Everyone prioritizes different aspects of the products they choose to use on their bodies. Generally, effectiveness is a top priority, as are price and convenience. One aspect that’s beginning to matter more to people across the United States is whether the products that they choose are natural and organic. According to a 2020 study by Whipstitch Capital, natural products have been increasing in popularity every year since 2015.
In a study conducted with FemiClear consumers, a product’s use of natural ingredients ranked second in importance only to how effective it was. If you want to learn more about how and why natural remedies can help you feel your best, are worried about using products with harsh chemicals, or are curious about making the switch to natural products, read on!
Are Natural Products and Organic Products the same thing?
While the terms natural and organic are often used interchangeably, they mean very different things. The term natural is generally used to describe products that utilize ingredients that have undergone minimal processing and don’t have any artificial additives like chemicals or preservatives. Though most people assume that natural products really are natural, there is no organization or governing body that certifies products as ‘natural.’ Because of this, and the fact that the term natural means different things to different people, it is a popular descriptor for a range of products that may be more or less natural.
Organic products are made from ingredients that, at every stage of production, were nurtured and supported without the use of chemicals or unnatural additives. Usually, organic products are grown on sustainable farms and with practices that are environmentally conscious.
The term “organic” is much more regulated than the term “natural”. For a company to call a product organic it must be certified organic by the USDA. The USDA defines four labeling levels:
- Products labeled as 100% organic must contain only organic ingredients.
- Products labeled as “organic” must have at least 95% organic ingredients with the remaining 5% or less being non-organic.
- Products labeled as “made with organic _________” must contain at least 70% organic ingredients with the remaining 30% or less being non-organic ingredients that meet several detailed constraints.
Products that contain less than 70% organic ingredients may not contain any of the labels above, though they may include organic ingredients on their ingredient list. When you use products that are described as both natural and organic, you can feel confident that what you’re putting on, or in, your body is free from chemicals.
Why Choose All-Natural?
All-natural products made with organic ingredients are an excellent choice for several reasons.
- First and foremost, they are free of parabens, sulfates, carcinogens, and other ingredients common in non-natural products that can and do cause serious side effects. Non-natural products often contain endocrine disruptors that can be dangerous for the reproductive system, the endocrine system, and the immune system. While some people notice uncomfortable side effects from non-natural products right away, others won’t notice them for many years (or even generations) to come.
- Secondly, many natural products can work well when they are formulated correctly. Natural options have been used for many generations and, though some companies promote natural products that don’t have science behind them, many products have been tested and shown to be effective
- Finally, all-natural products can be better for the environment and for everyone that lives on the planet, not just you. When you use products with chemicals, those chemicals are eventually washed down the drain and infiltrate drinking water, groundwater, and our soil. This water and soil are then used to grow our food and supply water to our cities and taps, meaning that the chemicals that were once washed down the sink by one person, are now encountering the food and water supply of many, many more. With all-natural products, you don’t have to worry about your waste having a negative impact on the environment or the people in your community.
All about FemiClear
OrganiCare, the parent company of FemiClear, was founded in 2016 with the mission to create all-natural over-the-counter healthcare products made with organic ingredients that are safe, effective, and better than the drug-laden products used by most consumers today. Fulfilling this big goal relies on four primary tenets.
- OrganiCare aims to dispel the notion that products made with all-natural and organic ingredients are not as effective as their drug and chemical-laden counterparts. We know that all-natural products can work, and we want the rest of the world to know too.
- OrganiCare aims to help consumers avoid the unnecessary use of drugs and chemicals when a natural alternative exists. Often, people are not aware that they have choices other than the drugs and chemicals advertised or prescribed to them. We want to be sure that everyone knows they have options.
- OrganiCare is on a mission to raise awareness of antimicrobial overuse to help stem the tide of antimicrobial resistance, which is a global health problem recognized by the UN, CDC, FDA, and WHO. The less we use antibiotics for the things we can solve with natural remedies, the better antibiotics will work on the big things we really need them to work for.
- OrganiCare will create healthcare products proven to be highly effective without using known allergens. Allergies are more prevalent today than ever before. We’re committed to making sure our health products are as safe as possible for people with allergies to use
Currently, OrganiCare has products that can help with oral care, first aid, herpes symptom relief, and vaginal health.
What Ingredients are in FemiClear Products?
FemiClear is proud to use a range of all-natural, organic ingredients to help people feel better and live their best lives. Whether you’re looking for all-natural yeast infection remedies, probiotics for vaginal health, or all-natural vaginal health support, there are natural options that can help meet your needs.
Some of the ingredients we use most often include:
Oxygenated Olive Oil: Oxygenated olive oil is used to promote healing in cuts, scrapes, burns, or blisters. To create oxygenated olive oil, the oil undergoes a patented oxygenation process that, when combined with other ingredients, creates products with high anti-microbial properties.
Thymol: Thymol, which occurs naturally in thyme oil, is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Thymol combined with our other ingredients helps restore the vagina from bacterial imbalances – that can cause BV – which helps effectively relieve unpleasant odor, itching, and excess discharge symptoms with a 2-day dose.
Colloidal Oatmeal: Colloidal oatmeal is made by grinding oat grains into powder and used to soothe the skin. In addition to feeling soothing, it contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Beeswax: Beeswax is used as a natural thickener in many FemiClear products. The use of beeswax enables FemiClear products to remain free of unnatural thickening agents. Beeswax is subject to thinning when it rises above a certain temperature, so if you’d prefer a thicker product, you can put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before use.
Willow Bark: Willow bark is a pain reliever that’s used in several FemiClear products to help relieve pain naturally. Willow bark is a popular natural remedy that has been used for centuries to provide all-natural pain relief.
Lemongrass: Lemongrass is the plant from which lemongrass oil is derived. It is an antiviral agent that is used in several FemiClear products.
Nexty awards recognize the most progressive, impactful, and trustworthy products in the natural products industry. With a 2019 Nexty award for yeast products, FemiClear is proud to continue using only the best organic ingredients available.
How to Make the Switch
When you begin to discover the importance of using all-natural products, it can feel overwhelming to think about everything you may need to replace. Taking a deep breath and prioritizing can make the task seem more manageable. While it may be ideal to toss any unnatural products and start building your medicine cabinet from scratch, this can be difficult for people for a variety of reasons. If you need to start slower, here are some strategies you can use to decide how to move forward.
Switch the products that you use most frequently
Consider what products you use most often and start there. Whether it’s swapping from an antibiotic cream for CUROXEN or a daily wash that is filled with harsh chemicals for the FemiClear Feminine Wash, you’ll feel relief every time you use an all-natural option made with organic ingredients.
Update products as you run out
No one likes to throw away half-used products. Instead of buying all new products right away and tossing everything you have that doesn't fit your more-natural lifestyle, simply replace the products you run out of with an all-natural option that’s made with organic ingredients.
Update one product each month
If you’re used to making your to-do lists in chronological order, this strategy may be for you. Each month, choose one product to replace. Do your research as you decide what to replace your old product with so that you can be sure to purchase the correct product every time.
Making the switch to products made with all-natural and organic ingredients is a choice that you’ll be grateful for both now and later. Once your medicine cabinet is full of all-natural remedies for things like herpes symptom relief, bacterial vaginosis, cold sores, and more, you’ll probably find yourself looking around and wondering in what other ways you can go natural. For now, rest easy knowing that the FemiClear products you use are always safe, natural, and effective.
Written by Julia Pelly, MPH Feb 27, 2023
UTI Infection Protection - Vulva Cream | FemiClear®
Stop infection before it startsbuy now