Table of Contents
Why Do I Pee When I Laugh?
Written by Jordan Liffengren Sep 25, 2023
Picture this: You're at a dinner party, and someone tells the funniest joke you've heard all week. You laugh so hard that you... leak a little? OMG.
Sound familiar? You're not alone! Today we explore the mystery of stress incontinence and introduce you to a fantastic new solution.
What Is Stress Incontinence
Stress incontinence is a bladder control issue that results in the unintentional loss of urine during physical movement or activity. But wait, it's not about feeling stressed out? Not quite! We're talking about the kind of stress your bladder feels during:
- A hearty chuckle
- A powerful sneeze or cough
- Lifting something heavy
- Sexual activity
If you’ve ever experienced leaking during these activities, you might have stress incontinence. This condition affects more people than you’d think! Bladder control issues are twice as common in younger and middle-aged women and people assigned female at birth (AFAB) due to pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause, which can affect your pelvic muscle strength.
How Leaks Happen
Think of your bladder like a balloon filling up with water (in this case, urine). There's a small valve or door at the end of a short tube, called the urethra, that holds everything in. Normally, that door stays shut tight, keeping everything inside until you're ready to go to the bathroom. But sometimes, those muscles that keep the door closed can get a bit weak.
When that happens, strong actions like sneezing, laughing hard, or lifting something heavy can push against that balloon. If the door's muscles are weak, that push might force it open a little, causing some leakage. It's like having a water balloon with a not-so-tight knot; if you squeeze it, some water might squirt out!
Why Do I Have Poor Bladder Control
Loss of bladder control is quite common, and nothing to be ashamed of! Bladder control issues affect approximately 30% of women and people AFAB over 50 and 15% of men and people assigned male at birth (AMAB) over 50. There are plenty of contributing factors to this condition, including:
- Obstructed Urinary Tract
- Being Overweight
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Mysterious Medical Culprits
- Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Prostate Surgery & Spinal Cord Damage
- Sugar Substitutes & Spicy Foods
- Caffeine Fix
- Blood Pressure Medications
- Soda and Fizzy Drinks
- Large Doses of Vitamin C
- Couch Potato Lifestyle
How Do I Stop Peeing When I Laugh?
There are several ways to naturally improve bladder control issues and reduce your risk of developing them. These include:
- Bladder retraining (going to the bathroom at set times)
- Cutting back on alcohol and caffeine
- Kegel exercises (pelvic floor exercises)
- Physical therapy and exercise
- Weight loss
- Adding more fiber to your diet
- Cutting back or quitting smoking
How Do I Improve My Bladder Strength?
If you find yourself leaking when you giggle with the gang, feel a relentless urgency to pee, or wake up frequently during the night to tinkle, you might be facing a weakened bladder that could even lead to recurring urinary tract issues. We've got something that could help!
Introducing FemiClear's Daily Bladder Strength Supplement!
This breakthrough addition to FemiClear’s new line of urinary support products helps to strengthen the bladder, encouraging proper and healthy bladder function. Perfect for those who deal with occasional bladder leakage and weakened bladder control, this daily bladder strength supplement leaves the anxiety of “oops” moments in the past.
What Can Daily Bladder Strength Do For You?
- 62% of users††1 reported improved urinary tract function*
- Strengthens the bladder wall for normal urinary frequency*
- Supports collagen in pelvic floor muscles for urinary control*
- Promotes healthy bladder emptying*
- Reduces occasional urinary incontinence, linked to recurring urinary tract issues*
- Made with plant-based ingredients, vegan, and free from antibiotics, synthetic colors, artificial flavors, sweeteners, lactose, and soy.
How and When Should I Use It?
- Take two capsules daily (No food required, but welcomed!)
- For best results, use the entire bottle
Bonus: Pairs Well With
Taking Control of Your Bladder, One Laugh at a Time
Life's too short to miss out on belly laughs and carefree sneezes. With FemiClear's daily bladder strength supplement, you can embrace life without worrying about those unexpected little leaks.
So go ahead, tell that joke, lift those groceries, and enjoy life to the fullest! FemiClear's got your back (and your bladder).
Written by Jordan Liffengren Sep 25, 2023
UTI Infection Protection - Vulva Cream | FemiClear®
Stop infection before it startsbuy now