Table of Contents
Table of Contents
How to Care for a Wound on Penis: Home Remedies for Penis Injuries
Oct 20, 2017
Whether it’s from a garment mishap or from extracurricular activities (wink wink), awkward accidents happen. And any accident down there can be incredibly uncomfortable and painful. So, what do you do? Yay, another visit to the doctor for an incredibly awkward conversation. Isn’t once a year enough to see “those” doctors?
Home treatment can be a safe choice for your ego and wound if performed properly!
How to treat a scrape, cut, or minor tear on the penis:
Step 1: Clean the Wound
Wash the wound with water. Use a clean cotton towel or a fresh paper towel to dry the wound and surrounding area thoroughly.
Step 2: Ice Genital Area
Apply ice to the wound to reduce pain and swelling. Apply ice immediately after the wound has occurred for approximately 10 to 20 minutes. This can be done up to three times on the day of injury.
Be sure to protect the skin from frostbite, by putting a layer of cloth between the ice and the skin. Icing is a personal preference. If the wound is small enough or you experience too much displeasure from icing, cease icing.
Step 3: Apply First Aid to the Penis Wound
Apply CUROXEN First Aid to the wound, ensuring not to get ointment into the urethra. Then bandage the area if possible to keep urine and other debris from irritating the wound.
Step 4: Support the injury and avoid physical activity.
While in recovery, wear jockey shorts, not boxers, to support the injury. Rest and protect the wound by avoiding activities that come in contact with the area. This includes sex and masturbation.
Step 5: See a doctor.
If you are on the fence about whether or not to see a doctor, consider whether you would seek medical care if the wound was on your arm. If yes, then see a medical professional immediately. If the penis wound has not healed within a week, you should see a medical professional.
Helpful Tips: Penis Injury Care
- Try wearing cotton clothing for a few days.
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- Never use Antibiotic ointments – they contain harsh chemicals you wouldn’t want to put on such a sensitive area, can cause an allergic reaction, and expose you to antibiotics unnecessarily.
- Apply warmth to the area if desired, after you are sure the swelling has gone down. Typically, this is after 48 to 72 hours.
To Prevent Future Penis “Incidents”:
- Avoid harsh soaps and cleansers when washing your genitals
- Use plenty of lubrication when participating in vigorous sexual activity
- Prevent scratching or rubbing whenever possible
- Protect skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing
- Maintain a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels
- Limit exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander
- Clean yourself after sex or masturbation
Maintaining Genital Health and Comfort:
Cuts on the penis are generally not a cause for concern and can heal on their own. However, it's essential to practice good hygiene and take necessary precautions to prevent such injuries. Keep your penis clean, moisturized, and protected during sexual and physical activities.
Treating Minor Cuts or Tears on the Penis:
Consider using CUROXEN First Aid Ointment, an all-natural and organic option for treating minor cuts. This fast-acting topical ointment provides pain relief, prevents infection, and promotes healing. It is effective for minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and blisters, having been proven to kill over 99% of harmful germs tested, such as E.coli, S.aureas, P.aeruginosa, E.faecalis, and MRSA*. CUROXEN is made with all-natural and organic ingredients and does not contain synthetic drugs, petrolatum-derived products, antibiotics, artificial chemicals, or silver. If a cut doesn't heal as expected or you experience worsening symptoms, consult a doctor to rule out any underlying conditions or infections. By being proactive about your genital health, you can significantly reduce the risk of penile cuts and ensure a more comfortable and worry-free experience.